Let us resist the temptation to fall back on the same partisanship and pettiness and immaturity that has poisoned our politics for so long. Let us remember that it was a man from this state who first carried the banner of the Republican Party to the White House, a party founded on the values of self-reliance, individual liberty, and national unity. Those are values we all share, and while the Democratic Party has won a great victory tonight, we do so with a measure of humility and determination to heal the divides that have held back our progress.
As Lincoln said to a nation far more divided than ours, "We are not enemies, but friends, though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection." And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn. I may not have won your vote, but I hear your voices, I need your help, and I will be your President too.-- President-Elect Barack Obama
November 4, 2008
4 comments:
What is the briefcase represent, baggage of some sort? I told Dad today I was impressed with Obama the first time I saw him on Oprah a couple of years ago. I am sure he has become jaded and influenced by Washington, but how can anyone escape that? I hold to the love it or leave it line of thought when it comes to our goverment and its leaders. This is still a great country if we hold to our moral values.
I think the briefcase just represents a briefcase, Mom, seeing as how lots of people take briefcases to work. ;) Although, the picture on the side of the briefcase is his campaign symbol, which from a graphic design point of view is pretty awesome.
I think all politicians get jaded by Washington.
I thought both sides had great speeches.
I'm not upset, I really thought he would be President long ago. I am very curious to find out which way his decision making will go from here.
I'll give him this, he is definitely an excellent orator. While I didn't vote for him, now that he has been elected our commander in chief, I fully intend to support him, because, well that's what true Americans should do. He is now the symbol to the world of what our country stands for. So I'll be praying for him every day that he'll make the right decisions for this wonderful country that I am so proud to live in.
Post a Comment