Saturday, November 22, 2008

Exactly my brand of Heroin



Oh, Twilight. You are exactly what I would have wanted as a teenage girl. As an adult woman who is free to touch her man whenever she chooses, I find you to be a little cheesy. More than cheesy, you are cheestastic. But there is something about you that draws me in every time. WHY??!?!??!? Why is that, Twilight?

Your script could have been stronger, but you managed to include all of the right lines from the book. The soundtrack hit all the right Emo notes and the cinematography was gorgeous. The actors did a fine job, given what they had to work with. Even Mr. Jennie Garth was believable as Carlisle, whom I adore.

But like that eclair I looked at in the Publix bakery the other day, I know that our relationship will ultimately be some what unsatisfying. Oh, I know how good you'd be, with your yummy pudding in the middle and chocolate ganche on the top. I would be in hog heaven while eating you. But then, a few minutes later, I'd feel bloated and on a total sugar high, and I would know the ugly crash would be coming. Somedays I can walk away, like I did in Publix.

But today...today I couldn't walk away.

So, Twilight, we continue our Pas de deux. I will continue to revel in your cheesetastic glory, somewhat anxiously watching until the box office returns are high enough to assure that the sequel is made. But I'll always hate myself, just a little, for not being able to make a clean break; for not being able to walk away. For you, Twilight, are exactly my brand of heroin.

9 comments:

Nancy Seaman said...

Talk about cheesy! Your review is ready to be dipped into with cubes of french bread. I haven't even read the book or seen the movie. I am a little bit scared after seeing what has happened to a grown woman I consider to be fairly leveled headed.

The Sauls Family said...

I know, right??

*shakes head*

And don't forget that HELEN read these books. HELEN!!! What does that tell you???

Katheryn said...

I have heard so many mixed reviews about he movie. I'm glad to hear that you think they did a pretty good job. I loved the books, cheesiness and all, so I have been looking forward to seeing the movie. But it will probably be a couple of weeks before I get to though. The suspense is killing me. At least I know how it ends :)

Nedidiah said...

Haha. Thats funny. It was a very good movie. Very chickish at first, but it got better. I hated the music though.

J-Mom said...

I'm a dork, because I am commenting and I haven't read your post. I'm attempting to make it to the movie without anyone's opinion. So even if your post had no opinions on the movie, I'll just have to wait till later to read it.

The Sauls Family said...

Katheryn- I think if you enjoyed the book then you'll probably enjoy the movie. I hate that you have to wait, though. Part of the fun is seeing it in a theatre full of squeeing teenage girls. :P

Jed- A comment from Jed! It's a red letter day! ;) Who did you go see it with?

Shauna- Good luck avoiding opinions until you've seen it!

Davis Family said...

Jennifer, Jennifer, Jennifer!!!! I came to your blog hoping for a Twilight review! I am NOT dissapointed:) You really have a talent with words:) Love it, love it, love it!!!

The Vicars said...

What does it tell you that I read the books??

Personally I did not enjoy the moive as much as I hoped. I was disappointed. I felt like most of the movie was rushed and the acting just didn't cut it for me. I know movies are never as good as the books, but still this one lacked big time. I mean look at the Harry Potters...they aren't as good as the books either but the movies are still awesome.

Carrie Dixon said...

I have to totally agree with Hellion! I loved the books but was totally disappointed with the movie.