Friday, June 20, 2008

No Summer Fun For You!

The girlies are with Nana and Papa for week. I had BIG PLANS. Yes I did. Fate intervened instead.

1. On Wednesday, I (stupidly) got sunburned (the cooler temp and low humidity seduced my into thinking I didn't need sunblock when I went swimming). Then later that day, I broke my little toe. So I spent all day yesterday laying in bed watching TV/movies and/or reading and occasionally moaning in pain.

2. On the flipside, I did get to watch the Dixie Chick's documentary Shut Up and Sing. It was wonderful. I would encourage everyone to see it. Whether or not you agree with what Natalie Maines said back in 2003, she didn't deserve death threats. Also, I am now obsessed with their song Easy Silence. Guh. Perfect example of what my friend Katie calls non-romantic love songs.

3. I also managed to get a deal out of our cable company that locks in the price of our phone/internet/cable service at $89 for the next 18 months. Sweet! Before my injuries, I also weeded the flower bed and garden, mowed the front yard and did tons of laundry. So I guess the week hasn't been a total loss.

4. James and I are supposed to go to a sit down dinner for adults at church tonight, but that would mean putting on a bra and real shoes. I don't think my shoulders/back and little toe are up for those stresses. :P

5. I'm now off to watch my Season Two DVDs of Friday Night Lights with the commentary on. I'm telling y'all, you should really watch this show. Best show on TV, hands down.

6 comments:

J-Mom said...

Sorry about your little, baby, toe. I am very curious on how you were able to accomplish that.

Enjoy your summer, even if it's not the way you had planned!

Anonymous said...

They say "when life gives you lemons make lemonade". I think in your case it should be something like "when life gives you a broken toe, make tow jam". :)

Anonymous said...

Or "toe" jam as I meant to say (well they at least sound the same "tow- toe"

Nancy Seaman said...

You better have gone to that night out! Don't think you are getting this free baby-sitting just because I love my granddaughters. After all, come to find out the reason Bella's friend wants to come over is to see Paco take his leg off!

Davis Family said...

So sorry to hear about your sunburn and toe! I'm a Dixie Chicks fan, I'll check out the links, thanks:) Happy couch time!

The Vicars said...

Jen, do you have their newest CD...Taking the Long Way...it is great just like the others. Easy Silence is one of my faves too. How did you break your toe?