Tuesday, January 13, 2009

And the other shoe falls

1. The insurance adjuster came and did his thing today. We're still in a holding pattern while he "crunches the numbers" and "looks at his chart", and we should hear from him "in a few days". Thanks. Nothing like specific details!

2. I do, in fact, have pneumonia. I woke up this morning unable to breathe. James took me to the docotr who proceeded to give me a breathing treatment and shot some steroids in my rear end (making me feel like a crazy crack fiend and providing James with endless amusement as I could barely hold a cup I was so jittery) and a prescription for antibiotics. I was also given explicit instructions that if I didn't feel better in 24 hours then they wanted to see me again, and we would discuss an extended visit to the hospital. Fabulous.

3. Other than that, everything's just spiffy!

6 comments:

Nancy Seaman said...

Look at the bright side. You have a divine husband who will cater to you r every whim and two capable daughters who can run the household for several days if you retreat to your bed. And....FNL starts Friday.

Katheryn said...

Oh my goodness! I hope you start feeling better quickly so that you don't have to stay in the hospital!!!!! Sorry you are having such a rough time right now :(

J-Mom said...

I'm hoping you don't have to be hospitalized. Wishing your insurance will start moving with much more speed.

Do enjoy your FNL though. (I finally watched an episode on netflix.)

To Live Deliberately said...

I have to say, I hate being sick, so I feel your pain, but you may have a few days to sit at home and watch endless TV and catch up on reading.

The Ritchies said...

We hope you feel better quick!

Barnes Family said...

I know what you mean about the insurance. When that guy crashed into our back fence it took FOREVER to get fixed.