Monday, January 12, 2009

Stupid Me

From the annals of "Be careful what you wish for..."

I thought long and hard about my word for the year before I made my choice. I realized that choosing CHALLENGE was a bit like praying for patience (and we all know what happens when we make that mistake!), but I thought I knew what I was doing.

*insert maniacal laughter*

Twelve days into the year and EVERYTHING is proving to be a challenge so far.

- Dealing with the damage to the house from last week's weather; multiple phone calls to multiple people about multiple things; playing the waiting game and hoping for the best
- Feeling miserable from a cold I just can't shake (What does it feel like to have pneumonia??)
- Trying to get a refill on Isabella's allergy medicine; coordinating phone calls and faxes between the doctor's office and mail-order pharmacy we are required to use; dealing with a screw-up that should have never happened in the first place

Sometimes I feel like if I fail one of these challenges I'll get voted off the island. (Come to think of it, that might not be such a bad thing! ;D)

2 comments:

J-Mom said...

I know what an amazing woman you are, and being willing to grow through the challenges really encouraged me some to continue working through some of my challenges.

Hopefully you will get to see some of the challenges get finished quickly and feel great and have some peace from it.

I really hope you feel well soon.

Nancy Seaman said...

This cold is a real bummer. Bishop can't seem to shake it either. At leasst we have all those educational programs to watch on all the cable channels as we lay around. In my day all we had to watch was soap operas and game shows.