Saturday, December 20, 2008

Making a list, checking it twice

1. *sigh* Still haven't mailed out my Christmas cards. They've been sitting on the table, ready to go, since Monday night. They just need stamps. We don't have a conveniently located post office, so it's always an ordeal to get to one.

2. Bella has a birthday party this morning, but I still need to go buy a present for it. Methinks a quick trip into Target is in order before the party, because I don't have a card OR cash that I could just give instead.

3. One of the perks of being a preschool teacher?? Christmas gifts!! My class was *very* generous to me yesterday. I've got some new Christmas ornaments and decorations, some yummy gourmet food items, an adorable monogrammed change purse, and several gift cards burning a hole in my pocket!

4. I am done with my Christmas shopping, except for a present for Frodo. What do you get the kid who has everything? I'm not sure, but I'm hoping to find it today. Perhaps at the Goodwill store. ;)

5. Hey, Weather Man, can't you do something about these unseasonably warm days we've been having all week?? I'm not asking for snow and ice, but it would be nice to have a little nip in the air!

3 comments:

J-Mom said...

I love not having to wear coats for Christmas, when kids can just run out and play with their new toys outside in shorts if they wanted!

I know that's just me, most people like the cold and snow for Christmas.

Have fun with everything!

Rich and Vic said...

i know, this weather stinks,we have our air on.

Carol said...

Blah, blah, blah...I'll share some of our "nip in the air" with you.

Seriously with the high of 2 degrees today, I'd love have a little warm to thaw out for a couple of days.