Last night we finished our last OZ related activity. The owners of the local skating rink had seen one of the shows, and they were so impressed that they contacted the drama teacher and said they wanted to invite the entire cast for a night of free skating! How nice is that??!!? It's definitely one of the perks of living in a small-ish town.
Even though it was a massive undertaking, we are all kind of sad that the show is over. We made a lot of new friends, and it was an experience that definitely brought us closer together as a family.
After the last show, we had the cast party. Parents were invited, and I think James and I expected...well, I'm not sure what we expected. All I know is that I DID NOT take the drama teacher seriously when she said the party usually went late. The party didn't start until almost 9:00pm, and I figured the kids would be pretty tired, having come off two performances that day.
Boy, was I WRONG!!
The party ended around 12:30. AM. By the time we got home, showered, ready for bed, etc, it was pushing 2AM. All I can say is that I CANNOT stay up that late on a regular basis anymore. ;)
It was worth it though, because we had a BLAST. There was great food and a DJ (who played mostly music for the kids, but it was still fun to get out there and dance).
Why is the Macarena such a long song?
It seriously goes on and on and on FOR-EV-ERRRRRRR.
That blur of hair is Bella dancing with a friend. LOL
I'm pretty sure they played "Party in the USA" at least two times.
Is it any wonder we slept until almost noon the next day?? ;)

4 comments:
How much FUN!
How was the food? Just wait till they start dating and you have to wait up for them to get in by midnight and you are ready for bed at 10:00 (and pregnant with Leroy)
Leroy?!!? That's the best name you could come up with?? And you know James is only capable of producing X chromosomes! :P
The food was great! We had Chick-Fil-A nuggets, chips, fresh fruit and a delicious cake.
Yeah, that song goes on and on and on...
Looks like a great time!
Post a Comment