Saturday, March 27, 2010

Double Digits, again

Isabella turned 10 last week. *sigh*

One of the drawbacks to 1) only having two kiddos and 2) having those two kiddos so close together is that not long after marvelling that "the first one" has hit a certain milestone is having "the last one" hit that same milestone soon after. Don't mind me, I'll just be over in the corner mournfully singing Sunrise, Sunset.

We only do BIG parties for three special birthdays- when they turn 8, 12, and 16. But last year we started inviting a few friends over for dinner and to spend the night. So the ear-busting squealing and shrieking you heard last Friday night was coming from our house.

The weather was nice enough that we ate pizza and cake outside on the patio.


I'm not sure why Bella was wearing her green OZ sunglasses, but it's her birthday, so I guess she can wear what she wants.


Nana and Jed came over to drop cousin Catie off. Jed's choice in sunglass wear was just as odd as Bella's.


Once the mosquitos descended, we came back inside to open presents.






Nana and Jed had to leave after we opened the presents (because heaven forbid Mom drive at night, or worse, let JED drive!). The preteen girls tried there best to keep him, but he finally escaped. I' pretty sure he wanted to to stick around. The girls settled in for the night to watch movies and eat me out of house and home. They all left (except Catie, who was spending the weekend with us) by 11:00 the next morning, and I've spent all week trying to get the house back in order.

The End

3 comments:

Nancy Seaman said...

Nana did drive after dark. She offered to let Jed but he was to busy texting peeps. Unfortunately now that I am no longer scared of the boggy-man at night, my night blindness has kicked in. ( wait until that happens to you!)

Beckie said...

Tell her we said, "Happy Birthday"!!!
Looks like all your hard work before AND after was worth it.

J-Mom said...

Happy Belated Birthday!