Today, I woke up to the sound of James hacking up a lung. He's caught the hellacious cold I had last week, evidently. Given that I was woken up two hours before I actually needed to be awake, I wasn't exactly a happy camper. But then I remembered that today was Friday, and once today was over, I would be on Thanksgiving break.
Today, I went to preschool and helped transform my class into nine pilgrim boys and girls. We then trooped happily to the church fellowship hall and had a Thanksgiving Feast with the three year old turkeys and two year old Indians. A good time was had by all.
Today, I came home from school to find James feeling moderately better. He was feeling well enough to start on the approximately 87 loads of laundry that had piled up over the course of the week. As I as printing off a coupon for some Christmas shopping, I heard a high pitched whine coming from the washing nmachine, followed by a loud *THUNK*. It then sounded like we were attempting to wash 1000 nuts, bolts and screws rather than some towels. As the washer was still running, I asked James to take a look at things when the load was done.
Today, I left the house confident that my man would fix whatever was wrong while I went Christmas shopping for the girlies. Armed with a 30% off my entire purchase coupon and knowing exactly what was on sale, I proceeded to save almost $100. With the exception of stocking stuffers, my shopping for the girls is now DONE. GO me.
Today, I decided that after working so hard, I deserved a treat. So I made my way over to the nail salon where I let the nice ladies take care of my cracked heels, ragged cuticles and overgrown eyebrows. I even let the lady talk me out of my normal french manicure in favor of a very pretty dark red.
Today, I came home to fond out that the washer is caput. Bummer. Given that we bought it used for $75 almost six years ago (and it had been used by it's previous owner for over 5 years) we figured we'd got our money out of it. I remembered that we'd received a $25 coupon in the mail from Lowe's a few days earlier. I hopped online and found a decent washer that was on sale and in stock. We decided that we really didn't want to wait to find a decent used washer in the paper (remember those 87 loads of laundry? We had clean towels, but the underwear supply was running dangerously low.) Presto change-o, the old washer is out and the new washer is in. It's a bit loud, but I figure I'll be able to hear when it's all done.
Today, I was busy and spent a lot of money. But we'll have clean clothes again, presents under the Christmas tree and my eyebrows aren't a source of shame for the family anymore.
I call today a success.
What To Do With Nasturtiums
-
[image: What to do with nasturtiums]
What to do with nasturtiums
Place the pot in a sunny location with a temperature of 55-70°F. Water your
plant enough...
2 years ago

1 comment:
I hate having my short amount of sleep interrupted too.
Considering how your day started, it completely turned around to a very happy ending!
Shopping+mani-pedi-wax+new appliance = AWESOME!
I'm jealous that you are finished with the girls shopping already.
I've only got one kid down and 5 to go. 6 if you count David.
Post a Comment