1. I am seriously starting to consider taking a nap everyday from 1:30-2:00 just so I can make it through the rest of the day (especially on Wednesdays and Thursdays).
2. I've got a dress hanging in the closet for just wearing "around the house".
3. It's a Saturday afternoon with no external commitments, and instead of reading a book or watching a movie I'm in the kitchen baking and listening to Easy Listening Hits of the 80's and 90's.
4. Whenver the girls complain of a upset stomach/headache/profusely bleeding wound I find myself asking them when was the last time they drank some water.
This is all truly frightening.
However, the flipside of all of this is that it's too much fun watching Mom turn into Grandmom. ;)

8 comments:
Oh, the places I could go with this blog! When I saw my pic come up I knew it would be good. Eileen says I am more like G-dad.
Gunface, by Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones? Is this the song you chose when you blog about your mother!
Nope, not Gunface! Never even heard of it.
Love the blog!!! It was waaay too funny.
Are you sure the name of the song isn't...I Taught Her Everything She Knows by Dave Dudley? I think you have your words reversed girlfriend.
And, who the heck is Gunface?
Hee! Aunt Carol, your Google-Fu is leading you astray! ;)
"Daughter" and it's by Loudon Wainwright III.
If I'm right---I cheated!!!!
If I'm wrong, I didn't cheat well, but I liked the song.
It awesome that you have a good Mama that it's great to become more like!
I'm the opposite, I feel good when I realize I'm not becoming like my Mother!
Shauna, you are correct! :D
I am horrible at the music game you got going on! One of these days....
I laughed so hard at this one. Mayla was being.... um... "difficult" this morning before school, I told her to stop crying before I gave her a reason to cry. SO TOTALLY A PARENT SAYING! Gotta love it!
Post a Comment