Yesterday, my entire family was together for the first time since May 2010. Oh, we've almost all been together a few times since then, but usually one or two people were missing.
I love my family, but I don't feel the need to celebrate Every.Single.Life.Event with them. I don't like being around a large group of people socially for an extended amount of time. It's a flaw, I know, but that's just how I roll. But at any rate, we were all together yesterday for MASSIVE FIREWORKS.
We are a loud bunch. I mean REALLY loud. You'd think all of us were deaf, and not just Dad, Jaws and Mom. But how can you complain with half of the shreiks are because small children are being happily entertained by Uncle Matthew pretending to eat their ribs? Only a monster would be annoyed by that. ;)
In addition to the family being there, there were at least five people who I didn't know. That's the way it is at the compound; someone is always inviting a friend along for the fun. And in this case, an invited friend invited someone else to come along, too! My parents just roll with it, though. (Me? I prefer to have a person's complete dossier before they come through the door. How have I ever made any friends? It boggles the mind.)
In addition to being loud and way too friendly, we also like to eat. Yesterday it was a variety of random but tasty foods. Evidently Mom was cooking French Toast for the masses today. My mom's French Toast is TO DIE FOR. If I was ever about to be executed (for a crime I didn't commit, naturally) I'd probably request that French Toast as my last meal. Along with some Zaxby's, a good salad and a chocolate chip cheesecake. Just in case you were wondering!
Being around my family can be exhausting, but they are pretty awesome.

3 comments:
I'm glad you love your family!
As I read the part about you needing a dossier before a person comes over I was like, "No, I came over and she didn't know me!" But then I realized I'd probably told you my life story at preschool. THEN I guess I passed and got invited over :)
Heh heh! Madeline did all sort of reconnaissance on you while you were in YW, then I got the low down at school. And then, I figured since you trusted us with your child, I mean dog, that you were probably an okay person. ;)
We counted thirty people here that night. I love the guy who showed up with his pool cue in hand and we had no clue who he was( till intros were made)
Post a Comment