maggie and milly and molly and may
went down to the beach (to play one day)
and maggie discovered a shell that sang
so sweetly she couldn’t remember her troubles,and
milly befriended a stranded star
whose rays five languid fingers were;
and molly was chased by a horrible thing
which raced sideways while blowing bubbles:and
may came home with a smooth round stone
as small as a world and as large as alone.
For whatever we lose(like a you or a me)
it’s always ourselves we find in the sea
- ee cummings
went down to the beach (to play one day)
and maggie discovered a shell that sang
so sweetly she couldn’t remember her troubles,and
milly befriended a stranded star
whose rays five languid fingers were;
and molly was chased by a horrible thing
which raced sideways while blowing bubbles:and
may came home with a smooth round stone
as small as a world and as large as alone.
For whatever we lose(like a you or a me)
it’s always ourselves we find in the sea
- ee cummings
Day Three of Spring Break found us on our way to Anastasia State park, which is in St. Augustine, FL. I would be lying if I said our whole spring break trip wasn't planned around spending a day at the beach. Spending time with old friends? The cherry on top of a ginormous and delicious sundae. We needed to get our toes in the sand and some salt in our hair. (But more on those old friends later.)
The weather was perfect. In the mid-80's, light breeze, beautiful sunlight. The water temp was still on the cool side (59 degrees) but once you were numb it felt great! ;) James played Super Dad and rented a body board and spent hours riding the waves with the girls while I read a book in between wave jumping.
Honestly, I don't see how people can live in land-locked states. I would go crazy.

1 comment:
did you erase my comment? I said how buff James looks then made some other witty remark I don't remember now.
Post a Comment