Wednesday, November 11, 2009

That Autumnal Rush

If I was pregnant (WHICH I'M NOT!!!) I would call what I've been doing "nesting". Since I'M NOT PREGNANT, I'm just going to call it...something. I'll let you know when I think of the right word.

I've been stretching myself a little more lately. Moving out of my comfort zone. I was out of the house past 6 PM THREE NIGHTS IN A ROW last week. Crazy, I know. :P After talking about it for three years, I finally got a Relief Society book club going. I've also started one for the 8-11 year old girls at church. I've been putting a lot of effort into preschool. I've been thinking about my health and well-being (both mentally and physically) and actually DOING something about it. I've been trying to be a better wife and mother. I've been reading a lot. I've cleaned out a few closets.

It's all good.

Halloween was a hoot. The girls and James went to various parties while I stayed home to hand out candy to Trick-or-Treaters in the neighborhood. I think a good time was had by all.

Madeline was a flapper and Isabella was Tonks from the Harry Potter books. I think they both looked great, but I'm especially proud of Bella's handmade 'Weird Sisters' t-shirt.



3 comments:

Beckie said...

I'm going through the same thing. I thought it was mid-life crisis but since you are younger than me I'll have to re-diagnose myself. ;)
The girls costumes are great!

Nancy Seaman said...

I love the time after school starts and you have all those hours with no one around. The weather is cooler so you can get outside or the weather is cooler so you can do inside projects. I think everything you are doing is great and I am very proud to be your mother.

Katheryn said...

Good for you for being so active and on top of things. I need to follow your example!

I love the Weird Sister t-shirt. And I love, love, love, that Isabella went as Tonks. Tonks is one of my favorites!

Madeline looks very cute as a flapper girl too!