Friday, May 2, 2008

It's Friday! YAY!!

It's been a busy, busy week! So glad it's almost over.

1. I'm very proud of Madeline. The Top Ten AR readers from each grade at her school get to go to Wild Adventures, which is a theme park about two hours away from us. She brought home a note the other day saying she was one of the Top Ten readers in the 3rd grade! She's really excited to go, especially since she has to be at the school by 7:30 in the morning and won't get back until 5:30. :P

2. It's May already? How did that happen? I'm still stuck in February.

3. I read an excellent book last night called Lives of Extraordinary Women: Rulers, Rebels (and What the Neighbors Thought). It features 20 famous (and not so famous) women who helped shape the world and changed the perception of what women could be and do. As I was reading it last night, the girls would ask occasionally who I was reading about. I plan on turning the book over to them tonight.

4. Speaking of reading to the girls, we finished The Penderwicks last week and are six chapters in to The Pendewicks on Gardam Street. Love those books!

5. 5. Funny story- the girls and I are strangley addicted to Nanny 911. It comes on CMT in the evenings. It's like a train wreck we can't look away from.

6. And lastly, may I direct your attention to the Pop Candy Reader of the Day? ;D

2 comments:

The Vicars said...

When does Madeline get to go to Wild Adventures? You know Ryan and I have season passes. I would love to go with her. Let me know.

Rich and Vic said...

Nice picture of you and Jed on pop candy ..I am impressed !

Way to go Madeline...